IKPVA offers the most affordable volunteer abroad programs
This section is designed to make it clear for you all the costs you may have and be totally transparent about them.
The programs have 3 costs:
Registration Fee + Program Fee + Extra Costs.
- All programs have a registration fee of US$ 199.00 on top of the program fee. Within 48 hours after you apply you will receive an email from us letting you know whether there is space on the project you wish to volunteer. You should then pay the registration fee to confirm your place on the project .
- Volunteers pay the program fee directly to the host country. You can be sure your money will be used to help the community you choose. The Program fee can be paid up to 30 days before the program start date.
- Extra costs are the costs to prepare for your trip and leisure activities when in country.
What does the registration fee cover?
Marketing costs, pre and post placement support from our staff, a complete country information guide, volunteer training booklet, detailed information about the program, administration costs, travel costs to run inspection visits in all locations, communication costs, and office staff.
This fee is the only source of income Iko Poran receives. We try to keep our office costs and overheads as low as possible to ensure we make international volunteering very affordable so more people can travel to lend a hand.
What is included in the program fee?
Airport pickup (most destinations), orientation, accommodation, meals are included in most of the programs (please check the description of your chosen program), support from the office staff, program supervision, in-country 24/7 support throughout your program, in-country administration costs and donation to support your local projects.
The program fee is always depending on the services included as well the type of accommodation. You may find cheaper programs than us in some countries, but we all know that cheaper doesn’t always mean better/ happier travellers. We understand that a trip is like a dream and you can be sure that we will go the “extra mile” to exceed your expectations.
What other costs will I have?
Flights, visas (if necessary), vaccinations (if required), travel insurance (mandatory), criminal background check (required in some countries), meals (if not included in your destination), transfer back to the airport after the program, language lessons (optional), other optional activities, and excursions and/or tours.
Booking process – 10 easy steps
- Browse our website and pick your country and project;
- Fill out an application form with your information and specify your preferred start date and length of your project, hit “Send”
- We email you within two working days with more information about the project and country you picked. This email will have a link to our safe payment page where you should pay the registration fee (US$ 199) to confirm your placement.
- As soon as we receive your registration fee you will receive a complete package with all the information about the country and program you chose. You will also receive a volunteer training booklet and full support from our team to prepare for your upcoming volunteer program. In this package you will also receive the information to pay the program fee directly to the local organization.
- Fill out the personal details forms and return it to us – we will review it with our local partner and organize your placement.
- You pay the program fee to the local organization no later than 30 days before the program start date.
- You send us your travel, medical and insurance details.
- The local team organizes your airport pickup and accommodation.
- We help you finish planning: travel insurance, visas, vaccinations and packing list.
- Get ready, pack and go!
After you arrive in the country we will be in touch to know if everything is running smoothly.
If you have any other question, please contact us and we will answer within 48 hours.