Volunteer on Animal Conservation in India
Volunteer with animal conservation in India with IKPVA helping to make a full recovery of injured animals!
This project is run by a non-profit organization in the animal care & research sector. The project is situated in the centre of the city, spread across an area of around 4-6 hectare. There are around hundreds of animals & birds who are either injured and collected or rescued after local residents of the city report stray or injured animals. Mostly there are dogs, cats, monkeys, pigeons, eagles, parrots, vultures, rabbits, camels, buffalos, cows and donkeys, amongst others. The organization runs a helpline for animals. If someone finds an injured animal or bird, they can call to the helpline number & the project team will collect it from the location. They take it to the center and treat and care for them until they make a full recovery, at which point they return the animal where it belongs. All the expenses are borne by the organization itself.
Working as an Animal Conservation Volunteer in India
In this project your duties may include, but not limited to:
- Interaction with the animals & local staff of the project site
- Helping in preparing the food and in filling the water pots of the animals/birds
- Helping in cleaning the cages and kennels
- Providing love and affection to help nurse the injured animals back to health
- Helping the vets and nursing staff in giving emergency treatments of the incoming injured animals & birds
- Picking up the injured animals & birds from the specified location identified on the basis of phone calls with the rescue team.
- Dropping the treated animals & birds on their respective location with the rescue team.
- Participating in the ‘Save bird enjoy Kiting’ campaign for rescuing the birds from Kiting (In the month of January only)
- Providing the information to the pet owners about healthy habits of petting
- Helping the local staff in various joint campaigns with local government, like Cow-rescue, Dog-rescue, Monkey-Rescue etc.
This is an incredible opportunity to help care for rescued animals and nurse them back to health, while getting to experience the intricacies of Indian life. You will love spending your days alongside these beautiful creatures. This project is particularly well suited to veterinary students looking for experience in the field. Whoever you are you help will be very much appreciated!
Start Dates & Duration
Our programs to volunteer in India start every 3 weeks on a Saturday.
You can choose to volunteer from 2 to 24 weeks.
Arrival & Orientation for the Volunteers in India
All volunteers should organize to arrive in Jaipur International Airport. Airport pick-up and drop-off is included in your program fee. You will be met by a representative in arrivals.
Location – Jaipur
Volunteering in India with IPVA, you will be living in and around the city of Jaipur. This fascinating capital of the state of Rajasthan is one of the best-planned cities of its time. Jaipur was established by the then Maharaja, Sawai Jai Singh in the year 1927. The graceful architecture of the City that runs across in pink colour has earned Jaipur the title of “The Pink City”. Jaipur is predominantly known for its musicians, artisans and craftsmen. Today, it is flocked by masses for its fine jewellery, varied textiles and sumptuous cuisine. There are innumerable sagas and stories of culture, traditions, practices and valour. This diverse land of rich cultural heritage is a royal treat for tourists all over the world.
Orientation takes place on your first Monday and will cover
- About India
- About your program & other projects
- Additional options such as excursions and learning programs
- Project extension
- Cultural responsibility
- Basics of Hindi (Native Indian language)
- C form (Foreigner registration)
- Code of conducts
- Project visit
Fees and what is included with the volunteer program
- The program fee is paid directly to the host organization.
- All of the projects incur a registration fee of US$ 199.00 on top of the program fee.
What is included in the Volunteer in India program fee?
- Pre-arrival assistance
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Orientation about project, country and rules
- Accommodation (triple/quadruple sharing in a volunteer apartment or dual sharing with a host family)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & dinner) Authentic Indian meals
- English speaking project manager on project to assist
- In-country 24/7 emergency support throughout your stay
- Travel support in India
- Certificate of Volunteering
- Cultural workshops on arrival!
What is not included in the volunteer in India program fee?
- Project transportation
- All personal expenses
- Other tours and leisure activities
There are no hidden costs. These projects are the most affordable to volunteer in India.
IKPVA is an NGO based in a developing country. We are dedicated to helping you help others, at the lowest possible price. We are interested in making volunteering abroad more accessible so that more people can help do really important work.
Participants in our volunteer in India programs normally find US$ 50 to be sufficient for weekly expenses in the country.
The program fee should be paid to the host country and it is due 30 days before the project start date.
Accommodation & Meals
For all of our Jaipur India programs you have two possible options for accommodation for throughout the period of your stay. You may choose to either be placed within a very welcoming host family, or to be placed within the host camp option, a separate accommodation for volunteers; choosing whichever is better suited to your needs and desires. Full details of the accommodation are available in out Pre-Departure Guide.
Both are great options and we’re sure you will have a fantastic time!
Volunteers work 4 to 6 hours daily, Monday to Friday.
You must be at least 18 years old at the start of your placement. All volunteers must have adequate volunteer travel insurance.
Fluency in English is required in all the projects.
You will have a competent support and advice from the local team and project leaders. There will always be a member of the local team working with you at the projects. The local coordinators will give you all the information to have a safe and unforgettable experience.