Child Development in Jaipur, India
Volunteer with Child Development in Jaipur, India
Go for a trip to India and volunteer with child development at Jaipur. The volunteer program is a residential program for children living close in the neigborhood attending at the moment over 30 children. All the children are from nearby areas of the city are economically very poor. Their parents can’t afford their education or child care expenses so they rely on this host organization, which is responsible for taking care all of their needs like education, shelter and food. Some children also come by themselves to get education and other support when they don’t get it from their parents.
Volunteer work at a Day Care Centre in Jaipur
This project also works with the running of DCCs (Day Care Centers) in Jaipur. The DCCs are managed by government of India. All the DCCs are established to provide a crèche facility with a midday meal to those BPL (Below Poverty Line) & to labor-worker’s families. Most of their parents are daily wage earners so the children stay here and receive care by the DCC staff, while their parents work. The volunteers will be working as a real helping hand to the staff in operations
Working Schedule for a volunteer on child development at Jaipur
In this project your duties may include, but not limited to:
- Hygiene activities with the kids (Assisting with bathing, Nail cutting, Hair, etc.)
- Teaching the Kids (Numbers, Alphabet, Spelling, Animals, Fruits, and Vegetable Names etc.)
- Art n Craft with/for the kids, and drawing activities
- Playing with the kids (Educational Games), Indoor & Outdoor, fun, loving activities for them/ Dancing with Kids / writing poems/ story telling
- Teaching food habits & General health practices (Washing hands before Eating, after using washroom etc.)
- Interaction with the Parents of the Kids & Presenting the General Vaccination Schedule to the parents
- Helping the local staff in preparing food for the kids
- Helping the local staff in making/updating documentation of the kids
- Counselling the Parents to provide an education to their kids
- Promoting Girl Child education in the local community etc.
Incredible Opportunity to Share Love and Joy with the Children
This is an incredible opportunity to work as a volunteer with bright joyful children living in situations of poverty, this is an opportunity to make their days somewhat brighter and offer thim some education for their futures. You will also be living in the beautiful city of Jaipur, experiencing the real India. You will never forget caring for these gentle young souls. This project is particularly well suited to anyone with a big heart and a love for children. Whoever you are you help will be very much appreciated.
Start Dates & Duration
Our programs to volunteer in India start every 3 weeks on a Saturday.
You can choose to volunteer from 2 to 24 weeks.
Arrival & Orientation for the Volunteers in India
All volunteers should organize to arrive in Jaipur International Airport. Airport pick-up and drop-off is included in your program fee. You will be met by a representative in arrivals.
Location – Jaipur
Volunteering in India with IPVA, you will be living in and around the city of Jaipur. This fascinating capital of the state of Rajasthan is one of the best-planned cities of its time. Jaipur was established by the then Maharaja, Sawai Jai Singh in the year 1927. The graceful architecture of the City that runs across in pink colour has earned Jaipur the title of “The Pink City”. Jaipur is predominantly known for its musicians, artisans and craftsmen. Today, it is flocked by masses for its fine jewellery, varied textiles and sumptuous cuisine. There are innumerable sagas and stories of culture, traditions, practices and valour. This diverse land of rich cultural heritage is a royal treat for tourists all over the world.
Orientation takes place on your first Monday and will cover
- About India
- About your program & other projects
- Additional options such as excursions and learning programs
- Project extension
- Cultural responsibility
- Basics of Hindi (Native Indian language)
- C form (Foreigner registration)
- Code of conducts
- Project visit
Fees and what is included with the volunteer program
- The program fee is paid directly to the host organization.
- All of the projects incur a registration fee of US$ 199.00 on top of the program fee.
What is included in the Volunteer in India program fee?
- Pre-arrival assistance
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Orientation about project, country and rules
- Accommodation (triple/quadruple sharing in a volunteer apartment or dual sharing with a host family)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & dinner) Authentic Indian meals
- English speaking project manager on project to assist
- In-country 24/7 emergency support throughout your stay
- Travel support in India
- Certificate of Volunteering
- Cultural workshops on arrival!
What is not included in the volunteer in India program fee?
- Project transportation
- All personal expenses
- Other tours and leisure activities
There are no hidden costs. These projects are the most affordable to volunteer in India.
Iko Poran is an NGO based in a developing country. We are dedicated to helping you help others, at the lowest possible price. We are interested in making volunteering abroad more accessible so that more people can help do really important work.
Participants in our volunteer in India programs normally find US$ 50 to be sufficient for weekly expenses in the country.
The program fee should be paid to the host country and it is due 30 days before the project start date.
Accommodation & Meals
For all of our Jaipur India programs you have two possible options for accommodation for throughout the period of your stay. You may choose to either be placed within a very welcoming host family, or to be placed within the host camp option, a separate accommodation for volunteers; choosing whichever is better suited to your needs and desires. Full details of the accommodation are available in out Pre-Departure Guide.
Both are great options and we’re sure you will have a fantastic time!
Volunteers work 4 to 6 hours daily, Monday to Friday.
You must be at least 18 years old at the start of your placement. All volunteers must have adequate volunteer travel insurance.
Fluency in English is required in all the projects.
You will have a competent support and advice from the local team and project leaders. There will always be a member of the local team working with you at the projects. The local coordinators will give you all the information to have a safe and unforgettable experience.