Childcare & Orphanage Volunteer in India
Childcare & Orphanage Volunteer in India
Volunteer in India with IKPVA in our Orphanage project and support the education and personal development of our kids!
The orphanage project works within some of the most notable non-government organizations in Jaipur. The project is a residential program for orphaned children, some of them having lost either or both of their parents. The children generally come from the rural areas of the city. Some of the girls have been abandoned in their early childhood. The host organization get financial and manpower support from IKPVA. The project has two separate wings for boys & girls. There are individual wardens for the wings who take care of the children. These children are from 1 year to 18 year of age group. The project is looking for volunteers to support in the areas of education, mentoring, personal development & sports. The project also seeks support for their record maintenance, extra-curricular activity, training to the staff etc.
Working Schedule of a Childcare & Orphanage Volunteer
In this project your duties may include, but not limited to:
- Teaching English (Tenses, Grammar Part, Speaking, Pronunciation, etc.)
- Teaching Mathematics (According to the standard of the Students, Class-wise syllabus)
- Illustrative Activities
- Running sports activities for the children
- Spending time with children and listening to their life stories
- Motivating & boosting their ambition for a career, showing them some options
- Helping the local staff in completing the syllabus
- Helping any child that is struggling
- Problem-solving sessions with students
- Encouraging Girl Child Education in the School
- Group-discussion sessions with the children
- Teaching the students about hazardous effects of Tobacco chewing, Smoking, intoxication etc.
- Fun fare & other fun loving activities for the children to feel them special.
- Providing love and affection and emotional support.
Volunteer with Loving, Gentle and Deserving Children at the Orphanage
This is an incredible opportunity to share in the lives of some loving, gentle, deserving children and help to offer them a brighter future in spite of their unfortunate starts in live. You will also be living in the beautiful city of Jaipur, experiencing the vibrancy of the ‘Pink City’. This project is particularly well suited to teaching students and teen volunteers, and anyone with a big heart and a love for children.
Start Dates & Duration
Our programs to volunteer in India start every 3 weeks on a Saturday.
You can choose to volunteer from 2 to 24 weeks.
Arrival & Orientation for the Volunteers in India
All volunteers should organize to arrive in Jaipur International Airport. Airport pick-up and drop-off is included in your program fee. You will be met by a representative in arrivals.
Location – Jaipur
Volunteering in India with IPVA, you will be living in and around the city of Jaipur. This fascinating capital of the state of Rajasthan is one of the best-planned cities of its time. Jaipur was established by the then Maharaja, Sawai Jai Singh in the year 1927. The graceful architecture of the City that runs across in pink colour has earned Jaipur the title of “The Pink City”. Jaipur is predominantly known for its musicians, artisans and craftsmen. Today, it is flocked by masses for its fine jewellery, varied textiles and sumptuous cuisine. There are innumerable sagas and stories of culture, traditions, practices and valour. This diverse land of rich cultural heritage is a royal treat for tourists all over the world.
Orientation takes place on your first Monday and will cover
- About India
- About your program & other projects
- Additional options such as excursions and learning programs
- Project extension
- Cultural responsibility
- Basics of Hindi (Native Indian language)
- C form (Foreigner registration)
- Code of conducts
- Project visit
Fees and what is included with the volunteer program
- The program fee is paid directly to the host organization.
- All of the projects incur a registration fee of U$ 199.00 on top of the program fee.
What is included in the Volunteer in India program fee?
- Pre-arrival assistance
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Orientation about project, country and rules
- Accommodation (triple/quadruple sharing in a volunteer apartment or dual sharing with a host family)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & dinner) Authentic Indian meals
- English speaking project manager on project to assist
- In-country 24/7 emergency support throughout your stay
- Travel support in India
- Certificate of Volunteering
- Cultural workshops on arrival!
What is not included in the volunteer in India program fee?
- Project transportation
- All personal expenses
- Other tours and leisure activities
There are no hidden costs. These projects are the most affordable to volunteer in India.
Iko Poran is an NGO based in a developing country. We are dedicated to helping you help others, at the lowest possible price. We are interested in making volunteering abroad more accessible so that more people can help do really important work.
Participants in our volunteer in India programs normally find US$ 50 to be sufficient for weekly expenses in the country.
The program fee should be paid to the host country and it is due 30 days before the project start date.
Accommodation & Meals
For all of our Jaipur India programs you have two possible options for accommodation for throughout the period of your stay. You may choose to either be placed within a very welcoming host family, or to be placed within the host camp option, a separate accommodation for volunteers; choosing whichever is better suited to your needs and desires. Full details of the accommodation are available in out Pre-Departure Guide.
Both are great options and we’re sure you will have a fantastic time!
Volunteers work 4 to 6 hours daily, Monday to Friday.
You must be at least 18 years old at the start of your placement. All volunteers must have adequate volunteer travel insurance.
Fluency in English is required in all the projects.
You will have a competent support and advice from the local team and project leaders. There will always be a member of the local team working with you at the projects. The local coordinators will give you all the information to have a safe and unforgettable experience.