Sports in Ethiopia
Volunteer on Sports in Ethiopia – Most Affordable Program with IKPVA
Volunteer on sports in Ethiopia and train some students of the hostel, who want to develop their skils in sports.
We select some hostel students, those who are in need of the special training by talented volunteers. Since there is a lack of professional staff in sports & physical education in the city, your support and guidance will be of great value for the students. So, with your voluntary work and coaching, you will enable community school students to pursue sports as a career option. There are students who are keen to learn from an international sports person who is trained and can guide them with the techniques and teach them the proper manner, rules and game strategy. The volunteering can be done in Football, Athletics, Volleyball, Basketball, Tennis, Cricket, Badminton & others.
As a sports volunteer, you will be working on:
- Identifying the necessary coaching areas
- Teaching rules and regulations of the games
- Daily playing activity with the students in the School/Community Sports Ground
- Helping anyone who may be struggling
- Guiding them on balanced diet & work-plan
- Teaching the proper game techniques
- Helping the learners in future building in the specified games
- Organizing sports competitions and tournaments
This is an incredible opportunity to help teach and train young people, while practicing sports that you love getting to experience the real Ethiopian culture. You will love spending your days alongside these passionate young minds. This project is particularly well suited to players, coaches, students, and sports professionals.
Start Dates & Duration
Location: Addis Ababa (New Flower), Ethiopia
- Arrival Airport: Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
Available all year round
- Every Saturday of the month, orientation takes place Sundays and work at the project starts MondaysYou can choose to volunteer from 2 to 24 weeks
Fees and what is included with the volunteer program
- The program fee is paid directly to the host organization.
- All of the projects incur a registration fee of US$ 199.00 on top of the program fee.
Bedroom with ensuite bathroom (breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
Free Week of Cultural Activities
What’s included in the volunteer in Ethiopia program fee?
- Pre-arrival assistance
- Airport pick-up & drop
- Orientation about project, country and rules
- Accommodation (double bedroom with ensuite bathroom) on the top floor of the student’s hostel
- All meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) Authentic Ethiopia meals
- English speaking project manager on project to assist. Italian, Spanish and Hungarian also spoken
- Emergency assistance (if required)
- Travel support in Ethiopia
- Certificate of Volunteering
- Cultural week activities!
- Traditional coffee ceremony
- Visit to Mercato (the biggest open-air marketplace in Africa)
- Cultural visits to Holy Trinity Cathedral
- Traditional Ethiopian dance
- National Museum of Ethiopia, where it is possible to see “Lucy“, the most famous fossilized remains of early hominids.
What’s NOT included in the volunteer in Ethiopia program fee?
- Project transportation
- All Personal expenses
- Medical on related expenses (full private medical cover highly recommended)
There are no hidden costs. Iko Poran is an NGO based in a developing country. We are dedicated to helping you help others, at the lowest possible price. We are interested in making volunteering abroad more accessible so that more people can help do really important work.
Program cancellation policy
Before arrival in Ethiopia:
- Cancellation before15 days- No refunds
- Cancellation before 30 days- 50% refunds
- Cancellation before a month- 75% refund
Accommodation & Meals
For all of our Addis Ababa, Ethiopia programs you have an accommodation for throughout the period of your stay. A bedroom (with ensuite bathroom) living alongside our students in our hostel within a welcoming and familiar environment.
Full details of the accommodation are available in out Pre-Departure Guide.
Both are great options and we’re sure you will have a fantastic time!
Volunteers work 4 to 6 hours daily, Monday to Friday.
You must be at least 18 years old at the start of your placement. All volunteers must have adequate volunteer travel insurance.
More Volunteer Opportunities in Ethiopia
Find here our full program to volunteer in Ethiopia.