Volunteer for Children with Disabilities
Volunteer in Jaipur for Children with Disabilities
Travel to India and volunteer in Jaipur with disabled children. Bringing your love and affection to help us teach and play with disabled children.
Volunteer in Jaipur at the Special Care School
The project is running in the Special Care Schools of India in Jaipur city. The project is a nonresidential program for mentally disabled children. All the children live in the nearby areas of the centers. There is a special schedule for the children in which all the activities have a special timing for each age group. Hundreds of children are getting benefits from the centres. All the children are divided into the groups (Classes) as per their mental level. These schools allow them to get an education and the children are enrolled in Open School Examination patter so that they get certificates of education. There are also some vocational training classes for them as well like cooking, using some machines like coffee machines, photo copiers, washing machines; also there are courses in typing practice, making handmade artisan products, etc. Volunteers will be expected to give one to one care and assistance to the children in teaching, training, exercise, sports, writing, speaking & other daily activities.
On the Working Schedule of a Volunteer in Jaipur:
In this project your duties may include, but not limited to:
- Interact with the special children, local staff & other volunteers
- Observe their activities & get to know the style of working with them
- Teach general subjects like Math, English etc.
- Help them in completing their home-works & class works
- Help the local staff in preparing food and assisting the children in writing, reading, painting, support them in doing their exercises
- Counsel their parents on proper care of the children
- Do art & craft, music & dance kind of fun centered activities & Make learning fun & exciting for them
- Organize local trips & Picnic for the kids with approval from the center
- Make them feel that they are adorable & normal like other kids & helping the staff while having their lunch & to Watch over the kids when they are on the ground
- Organize small sports competitions in which the physical training must be involved, so that they can enjoy it & it will prove beneficial for them as well.
Rewarding Volunteer Work with Loving, Gentle Children
This is an incredible opportunity to share in the lives of some loving, gentle, deserving children and help to offer them a brighter future in spite of their disabilities. You will also be living in the beautiful city of Jaipur, experiencing the vibrancy of the ‘Pink City’. This project is particularly well suited to teaching students, people with training or experience working with special-needs and anyone with a big heart and a love for children.
Start Dates & Duration
Our programs to volunteer in India start every 3 weeks on a Saturday.
You can choose to volunteer from 2 to 24 weeks.
Arrival & Orientation for the Volunteers in India
All volunteers should organize to arrive in Jaipur International Airport. Airport pick-up and drop-off is included in your program fee. You will be met by a representative in arrivals.
Location – Jaipur
Volunteering in India with IPVA, you will be living in and around the city of Jaipur. This fascinating capital of the state of Rajasthan is one of the best-planned cities of its time. Jaipur was established by the then Maharaja, Sawai Jai Singh in the year 1927. The graceful architecture of the City that runs across in pink colour has earned Jaipur the title of “The Pink City”. Jaipur is predominantly known for its musicians, artisans and craftsmen. Today, it is flocked by masses for its fine jewellery, varied textiles and sumptuous cuisine. There are innumerable sagas and stories of culture, traditions, practices and valour. This diverse land of rich cultural heritage is a royal treat for tourists all over the world.
Orientation takes place on your first Monday and will cover
- About India
- About your program & other projects
- Additional options such as excursions and learning programs
- Project extension
- Cultural responsibility
- Basics of Hindi (Native Indian language)
- C form (Foreigner registration)
- Code of conducts
- Project visit
Fees and what is included with the volunteer program
- The program fee is paid directly to the host organization.
- All of the projects incur a registration fee of US$ 199.00 – only U$ 100 for payments before March 31st – on top of the program fee.
What is included in the Volunteer in India program fee?
- Pre-arrival assistance
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Orientation about project, country and rules
- Accommodation (triple/quadruple sharing in a volunteer apartment or dual sharing with a host family)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & dinner) Authentic Indian meals
- English speaking project manager on project to assist
- In-country 24/7 emergency support throughout your stay
- Travel support in India
- Certificate of Volunteering
- Cultural workshops on arrival!
What is not included in the volunteer in India program fee?
- Project transportation
- All personal expenses
- Other tours and leisure activities
There are no hidden costs. These projects are the most affordable to volunteer in India.
IKPVA is an NGO based in a developing country. We are dedicated to helping you help others, at the lowest possible price. We are interested in making volunteering abroad more accessible so that more people can help do really important work.
Participants in our volunteer in India programs normally find US$ 50 to be sufficient for weekly expenses in the country.
The program fee should be paid to the host country and it is due 30 days before the project start date.
Accommodation & Meals
For all of our Jaipur India programs you have two possible options for accommodation for throughout the period of your stay. You may choose to either be placed within a very welcoming host family, or to be placed within the host camp option, a separate accommodation for volunteers; choosing whichever is better suited to your needs and desires. Full details of the accommodation are available in out Pre-Departure Guide.
Both are great options and we’re sure you will have a fantastic time!
Volunteers work 4 to 6 hours daily, Monday to Friday.
You must be at least 18 years old at the start of your placement. All volunteers must have adequate volunteer travel insurance.
Fluency in English is required in all the projects.
You will have a competent support and advice from the local team and project leaders. There will always be a member of the local team working with you at the projects. The local coordinators will give you all the information to have a safe and unforgettable experience.
More Volunteer Opportunities in India
Find the full list with the India volunteer programs here.