Medical Volunteer in India
Medical Volunteer in Jaipur India
Go for a trip to India and work as a medical volunteer in Jaipur with IKPVA in our hands on medical & health program!
In this project you will be placed in local community nursing centers, hospitals and dispensaries. These facilities are established to provide medical and health services to the local public for free or for a much lower than standard price. You will be working in the health centers taking care of the patients and their relatives, as well as supporting the local staff in maintaining the records. You may also be working in polio awareness, hygiene for women, AIDS/HIV awareness & tobacco awareness. The project seeks support in the health centers as well as in health surveys and education programs. Previous volunteers have also set up health check-up camps in slums and poor community schools for eye check-ups, ear check-ups etc. Blood donation camp has been set up by the project as well. More camps may be installed in nearby rural areas as well.
On the Working Schedule of a Medical Volunteer in Jaipur
In this project your duties may include, but not limited to:
- Providing nursing care
- Support the staff in operations of the centre
- Assist with the patients’ daily needs
- Organize or be part of health camps
- Support in the setting up of the camps
- Educate local residents about the health care
- Motivate the slum residents to come for free check up in the camps
- Provide assistance & support when needed in the camps
- Run seminars on women hygiene & care
- Instruct the children about daily cleaning (Teeth cleaning, having bath etc.)
- Motivate children to take daily physical exercises to keep them fit
- Educate the parents about the benefits of nutritious diet & balanced food habits
Medical Experience Working alongside the Local Professionals
This is a great opportunity to gain real-world medical experience and work alongside local professionals; you will be providing health care where it is most needed. You will also have the unforgettable experience of living amidst the craziness of an Indian city. This project is particularly well suited to medical students, or healthcare professionals.
Start Dates & Duration
Our programs to volunteer in India start every 3 weeks on a Saturday.
You can choose to volunteer from 2 to 24 weeks.
Arrival & Orientation for the Volunteers in India
All volunteers should organize to arrive in Jaipur International Airport. Airport pick-up and drop-off is included in your program fee. You will be met by a representative in arrivals.
Location – Jaipur
Volunteering in India with IPVA, you will be living in and around the city of Jaipur. This fascinating capital of the state of Rajasthan is one of the best-planned cities of its time. Jaipur was established by the then Maharaja, Sawai Jai Singh in the year 1927. The graceful architecture of the City that runs across in pink colour has earned Jaipur the title of “The Pink City”. Jaipur is predominantly known for its musicians, artisans and craftsmen. Today, it is flocked by masses for its fine jewellery, varied textiles and sumptuous cuisine. There are innumerable sagas and stories of culture, traditions, practices and valour. This diverse land of rich cultural heritage is a royal treat for tourists all over the world.
Orientation takes place on your first Monday and will cover
- About India
- About your program & other projects
- Additional options such as excursions and learning programs
- Project extension
- Cultural responsibility
- Basics of Hindi (Native Indian language)
- C form (Foreigner registration)
- Code of conducts
- Project visit
Fees and what is included with the volunteer program
- The program fee is paid directly to the host organization.
- All of the projects incur a registration fee of US$ 199.00 – only U$ 100 for payments before March 31st – on top of the program fee.
What is included in the Volunteer in India program fee?
- Pre-arrival assistance
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Orientation about project, country and rules
- Accommodation (triple/quadruple sharing in a volunteer apartment or dual sharing with a host family)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & dinner) Authentic Indian meals
- English speaking project manager on project to assist
- In-country 24/7 emergency support throughout your stay
- Travel support in India
- Certificate of Volunteering
- Cultural workshops on arrival!
What is not included in the volunteer in India program fee?
- Project transportation
- All personal expenses
- Other tours and leisure activities
There are no hidden costs. These projects are the most affordable to volunteer in India.
IKPVA is an NGO based in a developing country. We are dedicated to helping you help others, at the lowest possible price. We are interested in making volunteering abroad more accessible so that more people can help do really important work.
Participants in our volunteer in India programs normally find US$ 50 to be sufficient for weekly expenses in the country.
The program fee should be paid to the host country and it is due 30 days before the project start date.
Accommodation & Meals
For all of our Jaipur India programs you have two possible options for accommodation for throughout the period of your stay. You may choose to either be placed within a very welcoming host family, or to be placed within the host camp option, a separate accommodation for volunteers; choosing whichever is better suited to your needs and desires. Full details of the accommodation are available in out Pre-Departure Guide.
Both are great options and we’re sure you will have a fantastic time!
Volunteers work 4 to 6 hours daily, Monday to Friday.
You must be at least 18 years old at the start of your placement. All volunteers must have adequate volunteer travel insurance.
Fluency in English is required in all the projects.
You will have a competent support and advice from the local team and project leaders. There will always be a member of the local team working with you at the projects. The local coordinators will give you all the information to have a safe and unforgettable experience.