Construction Volunteer in India
Construction Volunteer in India
Work as a construction volunteer in India with IKPVA side by side with local people to build and renovate important public venues, such as schools, hospitals and more.
The construction & beautification project runs in associated community buildings like government/private schools, hospitals, public gardens & other buildings, which requires renovation & beautification work. The project aims to maintain these public buildings and also to motivate the beneficiaries to come and join in the project in order to receive the benefits. For instance, you can work as a volunteer with the decoration of a community school. While the volunteers will beautify the school, painting fairy tales, numbers & other graphical illustrations on the walls, the children will start feeling attracted to the school and enjoy their lessons much more than before the renovation. The project sites are unattractive and thus the incentive to use these public facilities is reduced and so the community misses out. Therefore you will work to convert these old fashioned premises into new attractive and exciting premises for local children and community people.
Volunteer with Construction & Renovation of Important Public Venues
On the working schedule for a constructions volunteer in India. Find here some of the building and renovation tasks which make part of your voluntary work:
- Observation of the community buildings
- Assessing the necessary construction & renovation
- Designing the most suitable murals and decorations, eg: educational drawings
- White wash entire selected premises
- Maintenance of the buildings
- Small level construction work like seating tables for children
- Boundary wall paintings with motivational slogans
- Making illustrations of World map etc.
- Drawings of fairy tales in smaller section classes – Tables, body limb names etc in middle level classes
- Construction of community toilets in rural areas for women & girls
- Construction & renovation of previously built toilets & bathrooms for community people
- Repair & maintenance in slum houses
- Drainage building & maintenance work in rural areas & slums of India.
Construction Volunteer in India: Help improving the Living Conditions of the People of the Poorest Areas
Working in this project you will get to leave your mark and improve the living conditions of people in some of the poorest areas of the city. At the same time you will get to explore this fascinating country and witness the Indian way of life. Consequently, this project is perfect for anybody willing to work hard or who has a creative touch!
Start Dates & Duration
Our programs to volunteer in India start every 3 weeks on a Saturday.
You can choose to volunteer from 2 to 24 weeks.
Arrival & Orientation for the Volunteers in India
All volunteers should organize to arrive in Jaipur International Airport. Airport pick-up and drop-off is included in your program fee. You will be met by a representative in arrivals.
Location – Jaipur
Volunteering in India with IPVA, you will be living in and around the city of Jaipur. This fascinating capital of the state of Rajasthan is one of the best-planned cities of its time. Jaipur was established by the then Maharaja, Sawai Jai Singh in the year 1927. The graceful architecture of the City that runs across in pink colour has earned Jaipur the title of “The Pink City”. Jaipur is predominantly known for its musicians, artisans and craftsmen. Today, it is flocked by masses for its fine jewellery, varied textiles and sumptuous cuisine. There are innumerable sagas and stories of culture, traditions, practices and valour. This diverse land of rich cultural heritage is a royal treat for tourists all over the world.
Orientation takes place on your first Monday and will cover
- About India
- About your program & other projects
- Additional options such as excursions and learning programs
- Project extension
- Cultural responsibility
- Basics of Hindi (Native Indian language)
- C form (Foreigner registration)
- Code of conducts
- Project visit
Fees and what is included with the volunteer program
- The program fee is paid directly to the host organization.
- All of the projects incur a registration fee of U$ 149.00 on top of the program fee.
What is included in the Volunteer in India program fee?
- Pre-arrival assistance
- Airport pickup and drop off
- Orientation about project, country and rules
- Accommodation (triple/quadruple sharing in a volunteer apartment or dual sharing with a host family)
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & dinner) Authentic Indian meals
- English speaking project manager on project to assist
- In-country 24/7 emergency support throughout your stay
- Travel support in India
- Certificate of Volunteering
- Cultural workshops on arrival!
What is not included in the volunteer in India program fee?
- Project transportation
- All personal expenses
- Other tours and leisure activities
There are no hidden costs. These projects are the most affordable to volunteer in India.
Iko Poran is an NGO based in a developing country. We are dedicated to helping you help others, at the lowest possible price. We are interested in making volunteering abroad more accessible so that more people can help do really important work.
Participants in our volunteer in India programs normally find US$ 50 to be sufficient for weekly expenses in the country.
The program fee should be paid to the host country and it is due 30 days before the project start date.
Accommodation & Meals
For all of our Jaipur India programs you have two possible options for accommodation for throughout the period of your stay. You may choose to either be placed within a very welcoming host family, or to be placed within the host camp option, a separate accommodation for volunteers; choosing whichever is better suited to your needs and desires. Full details of the accommodation are available in out Pre-Departure Guide.
Both are great options and we’re sure you will have a fantastic time!
Volunteers work 4 to 6 hours daily, Monday to Friday.
You must be at least 18 years old at the start of your placement. All volunteers must have adequate volunteer travel insurance.
Fluency in English is required in all the projects.
You will have a competent support and advice from the local team and project leaders. There will always be a member of the local team working with you at the projects. The local coordinators will give you all the information to have a safe and unforgettable experience.
More Volunteer Opportunities in India
Read about all the volunteer opportunities in India here.
In Jaipur, you can teach English as a volunteer teacher, or care for children at a daycare. Furthermore, you can do valuable social work with women empowerment, or work as a sports volunteer at school.
More opportunities for construction volunteers
Visit our page with all the construction volunteer programs.
Find the overview of all our cheap volunteer abroad programs in Africa, Asia and Latin America.