Health & Wellness Coaching
Health & Wellness Coaching in Ethiopia
Volunteering on Wellness coaching can be very enjoyable and rewarding!
Since there are several different ways of thinking about health and wellbeing, students will get in touch with these different kind of exercises. Finally, they will find out, what is best for them.
Understanding the benefits of having a lifestyle in accordance with their body, mind and soul is crucial for health and wellbeing. Moreover, yoga, meditation and physical exercises help to achieve and maintain physical fitness and mental stability. This is a positive definition of health and wellbeing.
Volunteering on Wellness coaching, your daily work may include:
- Teaching yoga, meditation or any wellbeing techniques
- Developing positive relationships
- Paths to avoid physical and emotional harm
- Encouraging a healthy lifestyle
- Implementing an effective wellbeing strategy
- How to react with other people
- The importance of practice mindfulness for health life
- Ways to deal with bullying, harassment and conflict
- Understanding the significance of equality and diversity in the modern world
- How to handle stress and anxiety
Grand Experience teaching the basicx of health and wellbeing
It was a grand experience coaching the youths on the basics of health and wellbeing lifestyle initiatives. Everyone involved learnt and practiced basic CPR and resuscitation techniques to save lives in emergency situations where there is no doctor.
The students learned how to handle and respond to various forms of first aid treatments for common accidents. It was also a pleasant experience as various groups explored how to recognize and manage signs of worms, diarrhoea and dehydration in children. – Emmanuel
Help the youth developing a healthy lifestyle
By becoming a volunteer for wellness and health among the youth at the school, you can arouse interest among students and encourage them to lead healthy lifestyles. In addition, yoga or meditation experiences give the opportunity for self-awareness. The First Aid course in the above example also gives the students the opportunity to grow together as a team.
In individual cases, it is up to you what therapeutic, medical or psychological knowledge you want to convey.
Working in this project you will get to leave your mark and improve the living conditions of people in some of the poorest areas of the city. At the same time, you will get to explore this fascinating country and witness the Ethiopia way of life. This project is particularly well suited to medical students or healthcare professionals.
Start Dates & Duration
- Location: Addis Ababa (New Flower), Ethiopia
- Arrival Airport: Addis Ababa Bole International Airport.
- Available all year round
- Every Saturday of the month, orientation takes place Sundays and work at the project starts Mondays
- You can choose to volunteer from 2 to 24 weeks
Fees and what is included with the volunteer program
- The program fee is paid directly to the host organization.
- All of the projects incur a registration fee of U$ 149.00 on top of the program fee.
Bedroom with ensuite bathroom (breakfast, lunch and dinner included)
Free Week of Cultural Activities
What’s included in the volunteer in Ethiopia program fee?
- Pre-arrival assistance
- Airport pick-up & drop
- Orientation about project, country and rules
- Accommodation (double bedroom with ensuite bathroom) on the top floor of the student’s hostel
- Breakfast & dinner – Authentic Ethiopia meals
- English speaking project manager on project to assist. Italian, Spanish and Hungarian also spoken
- Emergency assistance (if required)
- Travel support in Ethiopia
- Certificate of Volunteering
- Cultural week activities!
- Traditional coffee ceremony
- Visit to Mercato (the biggest open-air marketplace in Africa)
- Cultural visits to Holy Trinity Cathedral
- Traditional Ethiopian dance
- National Museum of Ethiopia, where it is possible to see “Lucy“, the most famous fossilized remains of early hominids.
What’s NOT included in the volunteer in Ethiopia program fee?
- Project transportation
- All Personal expenses
- Medical on related expenses (full private medical cover highly recommended)
There are no hidden costs. Iko Poran is an NGO based in a developing country. We are dedicated to helping you help others, at the lowest possible price. We are interested in making volunteering abroad more accessible so that more people can help do really important work.
Program cancellation policy
Before arrival in Ethiopia:
- Cancellation before15 days- No refunds
- Cancellation before 30 days- 50% refunds
- Cancellation before a month- 75% refund
Accommodation & Meals
For all of our Addis Ababa, Ethiopia programs you have an accommodation for throughout the period of your stay. A bedroom (with ensuite bathroom) living alongside our students in our hostel within a welcoming and familiar environment.
Full details of the accommodation are available in out Pre-Departure Guide.
Both are great options and we’re sure you will have a fantastic time!
Volunteers work 4 to 6 hours daily, Monday to Friday.
You must be at least 20 years old at the start of your placement. All volunteers must have adequate volunteer travel insurance.
More Volunteer Opportunities in Ethiopia
Find here our full program to volunteer in Ethiopia.
Medical Volunteer Opportunities in other countries
Visit our page with all medical internships in more countries.
For instance, you can join a medical internship at the Pediatric Hospital in Kathmandu, Nepal, or provide healthcare for children at the Pediatric Clinic in Cambodia.
Medical students can also work on healthcare volunteering in Thailand, Surin.
If you are still wondering, whether to study medicine, try out our pre-medical observation program in Sri Lanka. There, you’ll get in touch with practical experiences at the modern hospital of Colombo. At the same clinic, students can join an internship specializing on clinical psychology.
In South Africa, students can join a fascinating wildlife veterinary internship!
We offer highly affordable volunteer abroad programs in many countries.